McKinley Park is a 32-acre public park located in Sacramento, California. This beautiful park is a popular family attraction due to its extensive facilities, including the Clunie Community Center, the McKinley Rose Garden, a swimming and wading pool, a playground, and a jogging trail. If your family loves sports, you can also use the park's softball and soccer fields, as well as their basketball, volleyball, and tennis courts. There are also horseshoe pits if you're looking for a new, relaxing weekend activity that the whole family can do.
Things to Do
- Take your child to the McKinley Park Playground, a colorful play space that was recently built by over 2,000 community volunteers in just 6 days. Its many kid-friendly features include a huge tree house, a river boat, a street trolley, and a large climbing wall.
- Cool off in the summertime by going for a swim in the park's pool!
- Go for a relaxing walk around the lake - kids love watching the ducks swim and splash in the water.
- Bring along the necessary equipment for your favorite sport and play a game in one of the park's many fields and courts.
McKinley Park Insider Tips
- While it's always fun to feed ducks, be mindful of the park's rules and don't give them or any of the geese food. It's much healthier for them to eat the food in their natural environment.
- Bring along some food and have a picnic in the sunshine! There are plenty of picnic areas throughout the park, including some that have grills you can use to have a barbecue.
- Don't miss the McKinley Rose Garden - it's a great place for an afternoon stroll due to its 1,200 beautiful rose bushes.