Memorial Park is a scenic recreation area that is one of the oldest public parks in Jacksonville, Florida. The park is located alongside the beautiful St. Johns River and is known as a serene place where visitors can take part in all kinds of activities, including walking, jogging, fishing, playing frisbee, picnicking, doing yoga, and playing soccer. It is also known for its impressive artwork, particularly a bronze sculpture called Life in the heart of the park.
Things to Do
- Go for a relaxing walk along the bank of the St. Johns River and enjoy the spectacular views.
- View Life, a beautiful bronze sculpture created by resident Charles Adrian Pillars.
- Keep an eye out for the new bronze eagle sculptures that can be found within the park!
- Take advantage of the expansive grassy areas by bringing along a soccer ball or a frisbee to play with when you visit the park.
Memorial Park Insider Tips
- Bring along some food and a blanket and enjoy a family picnic in the shade.
- Make sure to bring along your camera so that you can take photos of the St. Johns River, which is the longest river in Florida and one of very few rivers in the United States that flows north.
- There are several great restaurants near the park that will also provide you with food that you can take to the park to eat.