The memorial Park in Houston, TX is one of the largest urban parks in Texas, the park has many amenities for a fun day out, it has miniature golf course, tennis and soft ball courts, swimming pool, walking and running trails, soccer fields and more. There are hiking as well as biking trails in the park, there are many types of trees and vegetation and bird species in the park. The memorial park is a nice place to be close to nature, have some exercise and enjoy with the family. The memorial park is open everyday until 11 PM.
Things to Do
- There are many activities to enjoy in the memorial park, there are trails for hiking, walking, running and more. There are drinking fountains on the running and walking trail.
- Hiking trails pass through small creeks and ponds, you can spot many birds and plant species. There are designated trails for mountain bikers.
- There are softball, baseball and soccer fields in the park, volley ball and tennis courts and an 18-hole miniature golf course.
- Children can play in the playground that is accessible to all. Picnic areas can be reserved for private gatherings.
- The pool is open only during the summer season, indoor fitness center is open all year-round.
Memorial Park Insider Tips
- Don't miss the annual art festival at the park.