The Michigan Science Center is an interactive, hands on science and technology based museum located in Detroit, Michigan. This Science Museum has so much to offer as families can explore the 8,700 square foot hall full of various traveling exhibits, hands on exhibit galleries that focus on physical science, life science and outer space; and an exhibit gallery geared specifically toward its youngest visitors.
Things to Do
- Visit Kidstown geared to children under the age of 5. Children can pretend and play dress up and explore water currents on a slotted incline board.
- Get hands on in the multiple Engineering exhibits which explore aerospace, civil, waste water management and mechanical engineering.
- Enjoy the fascinating world of the planetarium or take in a show at the science themed theater.
- Build with blocks and constructions toys in the Kid Construction zone.
- Take in an educational viewing experience in the Chrystler IMAX dome theater on site.
- Have your birthday party here or attend summer camp.
Michigan Science Center Insider Tips
- Buying the membership is the best way to get a great value at this museum. With your membership, you get unlimited free admission and access to areas of the museum that the general public is not privy to.
- Parking for the museum is conveniently located right across the street from the museum and is only $5.
- Visit Kidstown on the first Wednesday of every month for specialized storytime and activities for children age 2-5.
- Visit the website for various special events and activities offered by the Science Center.