Give your kids a glimpse into the future with a trip to Microsoft Visitor Center in Redmond, Washington. Microsoft, as one of the global leaders in technology and digital computing, put up a Visitor Center where both kids and adults can see and experience the latest developments from them as well as go on a quick trip down memory lane with all the technological advancements Microsoft produced over the years.
Things to Do
- Go on a self-guided tour of the facility and see a brief history of how Microsoft started. Even if you're not a fan of the company, you'll appreciate their early beginnings with the first personal computer in display. They hand out visitor badges and kids get a special 'Future Microsoft Employee' ID.
- Explore Microsoft's latest innovations. You might have a hard time pulling your kids away from the Xbox room where they can sample new video games.
- Visit the Microsoft Company Store to see unique Microsoft memorabilia along with Mindcraft souvenirs that any fan will be delighted to have.
- Explore the rest of Microsoft's premises (where visitors are allowed) such as the Microsoft Commons area where you'll find shops and restaurants.
Microsoft Visitor Center Insider Tips
- Free parking at the visitor slots. Make sure to bring an ID so the staff can validate your parking.
- It only takes half an hour or less to see the place. Add more stops on your itinerary to make the most out of your day.