Midland Railway offers train rides on a railway line that was originally constructed in 1867, it features an over 20-mile round trip from Baldwin city to Ottawa junction, Kansas. The train travels through scenic Kansas farmlands and woods, the train ride is operated by the Midland Railway historical Association, and it is meant to preserve the railway history and heritage. The vintage railway equipment is a treat to travel in and explore for both adults and children.
Things to Do
- Grab a chance to travel back in time in a vintage train, normal excursion trains operate June through October. Special holiday themed train rides are available through out the year, such as Easter egg hunt trains, Santa Claus express, train robbery at maple leaf, ice cream trains, haunted Halloween trains, and much more.
- Kansas Belle Dinner train will take you back into the 1940's, where you can enjoy special and delicious dinner on board, dinner train ride is available only on weekends. The dinner is accompanied by music from the 1940's.
- Children will enjoy traveling in historic trains that travel through beautiful farmlands and woods. Day out with Thomas train ride offers lots of fun-filled activities for the kids, available only in June.
- The gift shop stocks gifts for everyone, stop in after your ride.
- Food is not available on regular excursion trains, a small picnic shelter is available near the depot with picnic tables.
Midland Railway Insider Tips
- The trains are not wheelchair accessible.
- Tickets for the Santa Claus express can be purchased online.
- Restrooms are available.