Milwaukee County Zoo is a 200-acre zoo and animal conservatory that is home to over 2,000 animals. The zoo offers fun and education for the whole family, there are so many animals to see, and many fun things to do. There are many animal exhibits to explore, visitors can actually interact with the animals and get to know them up close. Animal rides, animal feeding and safari train are among the activities that the whole family can enjoy. Many special events are held in the zoo, including family free day and mother's day, father's day events.
Things to Do
- The zoo offers many indoor and outdoor animal exhibits, the exhibits include Florence Mila big cat country exhibit featuring Amur Tiger and other cats, harbor seal in the north America exhibit, Australia exhibit featuring ostriches, South American and African exhibit, primates of the world, and a collection of aquatic animals in the Aquatic and reptile center.
- It will be a never ending Zoo expedition with so much to do in a day trip, kids particularly enjoy animal feeding activity, camel and pony rides, carousel ride, feeding the Giraffes, and safari train rides.
- Adults can enjoy zip line and sky ropes, enjoy startling views of the zoo from 500-foot. Kids can ride the sky safari for a view from the top. Have fun at the Kohl's wild theater and the birds of prey show.
- The seal and sea lion show runs from March through August.
- The zoo encloses many eat outs, food carts, shops are scattered through out the zoo, plus there is a dairy shop, sandwiches and ice creams at the farmer's market, Flamingo cafe and Lake view Place for a hearty lunch.
- Gift stores are available. Birthday parties can be held in the Jungle party room.
Milwaukee County Zoo Insider Tips
- Strollers and wheelchairs can be rented.
- Check official website for seasonal events.