The Minneapolis Farmers Market flagship store located at the North Lyndale Market is open daily from May to October while its satellite branch at the Nicollet Mall Market, open every Thursday, provides a convenient stop for downtown residents and office workers. With 170 stalls, the market provides a wide selection produce. Make sure to look around first before buying to see the best quality and the best price. Also check out the holiday trees on sale during the Winter Market.
Things to Do
- Since Lyndale is open every day of the week, shoppers no longer need to wait for the weekend to buy produce. Get meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, honey, cheese, and fruits. Unlike St. Paul Farmers' Market, licensed resellers are allowed here. You can get commercially labeled produce as well as the ones locally grown.
- If you're planning to grow your own plants and herbs at home, MPLS Farmers Market is a good place to start shopping for seedlings and potted plants.
- You'll never go hungry while shopping. There are plenty of food stalls where you can get roasted corn on a cob, fresh lemonade, hotdogs, and pastries.
- In need for gardening tips? Join the Education Gardening or Cooking Demonstrations activities at Lyndale every Saturday at 10:30AM.
Minneapolis Farmers' Market Insider Tips
- Bring cash. Vendors do not accept credit cards.
- Go early to get the best parking spot. Bring your own reusable bag too so it will be easier to haul your purchases.