Sitting in what is considered one of Minnesota's finest public buildings, The Minnesota History Center is a library and historical museum that is also home to the Minnesota Historical Society.
This interactive museum plays host to various concerts, lectures, and both temporary and permanent exhibits which focus on both local and American History. The exhibits are geared to children of all ages which makes this a perfect family destination that is both educational and fun.
Things to Do
- Explore the numerous exhibits throughout the museum center. Some of these include; an interactive quiz show, experiencing a tornado in the Weather Permitting exhibit, Toys of the 50s 60s and 70s, climbing in a grain elevator in Grainland and more.
- The history center offers a rotating living history portion of your history center tour, where historic people move forward in time to tell you of their life stories as t hey remain in character.
- Participate in Make it Take it Crafts
- Enjoy performances in the historical theater which highlight exhibit stories and themes from certain time periods.
- View historical artifacts throughout the museum.
Minnesota History Center Insider Tips
- Grab a bite to eat at the Cafe Minnesota on the first floor of the History Centerfor lots of great food choices at very reasonable prices.
- Consider the History Food Crawl that they offer at the museum. A friendly tour guide will take you around the area and provide an engaging and informative tour while stopping along the way at various ethnic eateries.
- Parking is only $5 and is readily available.
- There are several wonderful and thorough exhibits so you may want to select a couple on one day and go back for some of the remaining others. This will ensure that you get to fully experience all that the exhibits have to offer,