Located in Apple Valley, a southern suburb of the Twin Cities, Minnesota Zoo has been in existence since the late 70's. It is home to a range of animals, an impressivve program of educational activities for all ages and an IMAX Theatre.
Things to Do
- The zoo has a really fantastic selection of educational programs available for families and children. Bring your youngest kids along for Fall on the Farm where 4-9 year-olds get the opportunity to explore the zoo's farm and its animals,
- Visit Sensational Sea Turtles where they will learn all about these animals.
- Teenagers can try the "Be A Biologist" program where they can experience first-hand the challenges of working as a zoo biologist or naturalist from the experts.
- As a family go along to the Animals After Dark ZzzZoo Overnight where you can choose to sleep with the zoo's bears or their sharks!
- The whole family will be entertained by the zoo's IMAX Theatre. Here you can experience different parts of the natural world on the biggest screen you could hope for, allowing you to get a true sense of the Galapagos Islands or the wildlife of Madagascar. If you book to see an IMAX show ahead of time you also get free parking.
- The Zoo's regular Close Encounters series lets people get close to the animals they love. Through one on one discussions with the zookeepers, animal training demonstrations, and the chance to touch the animal you can learn and appreciate much more about these fascinating creatures
Minnesota Zoo Insider Tips
- Children under 2 years of age enter for free.
- Before you make your visit you can print off a map of the zoo. On the same page there is also an interactive map with which you can take an interactive tour.