The boardwalk at Mission Beach is a popular destination for families with children as there are plenty of things to do for everyone. With unmissable views of the ocean and plenty of the kinds of attractions you'd expect from a coastal destination, you have to make sure you and your family head to Mission Beach Boardwalk.
Things to Do
- Walk along the boardwalk with your little ones. You can't beat views of the Pacific Ocean and the Mission Beach Boardwalk has plenty of them! If you want to go a little bit faster, consider taking bicycles along for even more fun!
- The jetty is a great place for fishing if you and your family like to sit back and relax while anticipating the catch of the day!
- Head to the ocean for a spot of surfing, kite boarding, boogie boarding, and kite boarding. The beach at Mission Beach is a popular destination for all these activities.
- Enjoy the rides in Belmont Park. Admission is free but you'll have to open your wallet if you want to go on any of the rides. The Giant Dipper is the most popular ride there but there are more timid rides for those measuring under 50" in height.
Mission Beach Boardwalk Insider Tips
- Aim to arrive before 10 a.m. on the busier summer weekends in order to get the parking spaces nearest the boardwalk.
- If you're willing to head a little farther afield, Sea World is 8 blocks from Belmont Park and one of the unmissable attractions in the San Diego area.
- Not all the sections of the beaches are designated for swimming. Make sure you check the signs so that you know all the rules in order to keep you and your little ones safe.