The Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego covers an area of nearly 8,000 acres across a series of canyons and hilly areas. For over forty years this regional park has been a nature getaway right next to the city and has plenty of things to do in the great outdoors for you and your family.
Things to Do
- Go for a hike. If you want to take your little ones to get some exercise in the great outdoors, there are literally miles and miles of trails for you and your family to make use of!
- Do you want to go faster than you would hiking? Take your bicycles along as there are plenty of places to cycle around the Mission Trails Regional Park.
- Head to the Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor and Interpretive Center to enjoy both the art and photography on display. The art in the center is also changed monthly so even if you've been before, you can see something new by going back! There are also exhibits and a theater to make your visit even more educational.
- If you and your family don't want to leave, you should consider planning a camping trip as there are designated campsites.
Mission Trails Regional Park Insider Tips
- The guided hikes are highly recommended and a great way for you and your family to exercise both your bodies and your brains.
- The Mission Trails Regional Park is an ideal place to exercise dogs so make sure to bring your furry friends along for the ride.
- Don't get lost on the trails! While all the trails are signposted, it's very easy to get distracted by the sights and nature and miss the signs.