Step back in time 300 years and discover the Monacan Indian Natural Bridge, known to the tribe as "The Bridge of God" when they discovered it while slipping away from an enemy all those years ago. Located along the Cedar Creek Nature trail and just past the Natural Bridge, you will discover are constructed living history museum of the Monacan Indian Tribe. The Monacan Indian Tribe was one of the strongest Indian Tribes that Captain John Smith ever came across after he established the first colony in Jamestown.
Things to Do
- Discover why the Natural Bridge was considered sacred to the Monacan Indian Tribe.
- Hike the Cedar Creek Nature Trail
- Relive life in a traditional Indian Village and learn about weaving, cooking, gardening, hide tanning, Making pottery, bowls and baskets and much more.
- Bring a camera for spectacular views of The Natural Bridge.
Monacan Indian Village Insider Tips
- Interpreters are available to guide you on your tour from May through November and are included in the the price of your Natural Bridge ticket. They will guide you through the living history museum and you will be able to experience life in an Indian Village first hand.
- Escape packages are available which include access to the living history museum, hiking accessibility at Natural Bridge a one night stay at the hotel at the park and a country breakfast.