Immerse in the grandeur of nature and spend an active weekend at the Monument Peak Trail located near Mount Laguna in California. Be ready to stretch for a moderate hike for roughly 2.5 hours. The trail is kid-friendly and is ideal for hiking all-year round but it's especially beautiful during fall with the spectacular colors of the season.
Things to Do
- Use this link for the location guide. It can be tricky to spot unmarked trails but visitors confirmed following this guide to get to the Monument Peak trail. Hike on a section of the Big Laguna and Pacific Crest trails included in the route. Make sure you're wearing the right footwear as the trail gets rough and rocky once you get near Hayes Peak.
- Take the time to see wild flowers and birds while on the trail. At the summit, you will see stunning views of the desert to the east and clusters of pine trees to the west.
- Turn this into an outdoors overnight activity for the family and sign up at any of the camping grounds near the trail. Campgrounds close to the trail are Burnt Rancheria and Laguna. Contact them for campsite reservations.
- Dogs are allowed on the trail so take your furry friend for a good cardio exercise.
- Hungry after the hike? Stop by the Pine House Tavern for food and drinks.
Monument Peak Trail Insider Tips
- Make sure to bring water and keep hydrated.