Mood Reader Mask
Just how are you feeling today? Excited, scared, a little silly, sad or maybe even a little sleepy? Create this interactive mood reader mask and hang on your door knob, wall or keep it within reach to let everyone know what kind of mood you are in. This activity will help to raise you child's emotional awareness and ability to identify and express those emotions in a fun and thought provoking activity that can be used again and again.
What you will need:
1-8 1/2 X 11 sheet of white card stock
Paint, Crayons, or Markers
Permanent Black Marker
How to Make It
1. Create a face pattern of two eyes and a mouth. Eye slots should be 1 1/4 inches wide x 1 1/4 inches long. The mouth slot should be 1 1/4 inches wide by 2 1/2 inches long. Be sure to leave enough space to draw in a nose. Using a sharp pencil, press hard to trace over the eyes and the mouth. Also add cut lines to the side of the eyes and the mouth. See photo.
2.Ask an adult to follow the indented pencil lines and cut out the eyes, mouth and cut lines with a craft knife.
3. Draw eyebrows and a nose on the plate using a black permanent marker.
4. Using Scissors cut 2- 11 x 1 inch strips out of the white card stock, and cut each end to a point. Slide one strip into the left eye slit from the front to the back, and then push it up through the right side slit. Repeat with the other strip for the slits beside the mouth.
5. Pull the tip strip through the eye slituntil just 1 inch sticks out from the left side. Using a pencil, sketch funny funny eyes or copy some of the examples provided.Pull the strip from the left until you see only white space in the eye area, adn sketch another set of eyes; repeat until you reach the end of the strip. Make each set of eyes different. There should be room to draw 4 sets of eyes. Remove the strip and trace over the pencil lines with black marker.
6. Repeat this process with the mouth strip. There are room for 6 mouths on the strip.
7. Fringe the top of the plate, from the edge to the inside of the rim. Color or paint every other one in the color or colors of your choice and let dry.