For vintage and wooden toys, and the largest collection of marbles, stop by the Moon Marble Factory in Kansas City. Located right off Hwy 7, this toy store offers not only an array of classic, family-friendly toys and games, but owner Bruce Breslow does live demonstrations of marble making three times a week. Children and adults can learn the glass-blowing process that creates marbles, learn and play different marble games, and purchase their own unique tube of marbles.
If you're looking for unique gifts for birthdays or holidays, the Moon Marble Factory boasts one of the largest selections of wooden toys and vintage board games imaginable. When you take a tour of this shop, you're bound to find something for everyone on your list.
Things to Do
- Demonstrations: If you're curious about how marbles are made, stop by the shop on Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday at 10am to get a live glass-blowing demonstration. A talented glass artist will show the complete process of marble making. Demos end at 3pm.
- Field Trips: Children, students, and adults are all welcome on Marble Works Field Trips. A minimum group of 10 is required for a tour, which includes a live glass-blowing demonstration, a lesson on marble games, and a tube of marbles to take home.
- Gem & Fountain Room: More than just marbles, Moon Marble company offers a fine selection of gems and stones in this special room.
- Marble Day: Every May, Marble Works hosts a Marble Day Tournament for girls and boys ages 15 and younger. The tournament coincides with the annual Moon Marble Crazy weekend event where artists and gamers alike come to show their wares, host live glass-blowing demonstrations, and enjoy the tournament.
Moon Marble Factory Insider Tips
- As marbles pose a choking hazard for smaller children, tours and demonstrations are recommended for children 4 years and older.
- Moon Marble Factory is very popular, and demonstrations can get crowded. Arrive early in order to find a comfortable viewing point, and it is recommended that you park at the visitor information lot and shuttle to the store as the store's parking lot is for artists and staff only.