The Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park is located in a unique position. It has a beautiful view looking out over the Cooper River to Drum Island further on. The Park itself sits under the impressive Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge and is a great place for families to visit particularly during the summer months. Regular events are organized here and there are also areas where you can let the kids loose to play.
Things to Do
- Bring all the family for a lovely summer picnic. There is plenty of lawn space to stretch out and enjoy the sun. You can relax while your kids play on the park's nautical themed playground.
- During the summer a whole host of events take place at the Park. A movie is organized one evening a month in June, July, August and September while Every Tuesday of June sees live music acts take to the stage.
- Keep an eye on their events page to see when they will be organizing their Splash Days. On these afternoons large water inflatables are set up in the park for kids to enjoy.
Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park Insider Tips
- While you are here you can get yourself an ice cream at the River Watch Café and Gift Shop. Once you do take a leisurely walk along the 1,250 foot long pier that stretches out into the Cooper River. If you are into fishing then feel free to bring your poles and fish off the pier. The pier is lit up at night and makes the perfect setting for a romantic moon lit walk with your other half.
- Be sure to check out the park's War Memorial. If you are into basket-weaving then you should try and fit in a trip to the Sweetgrass Cultural Arts Pavilion which is dedicated to the art and history of basket-making.
- Parking is free at the Memorial Waterfront Park.