Mud Island River Park in Memphis, Tennessee is a unique and fun attraction for the families, it features a model of the Mississippi River, it helps in children learning about the geographical transformations of the River. Families can enjoy nice views of the city from the River walk and enjoy pedal boat ride. The little island or peninsula is surrounded by the Mississippi River, it features lush landscape and open area for children to play. The Mud Island River Park operates April through October, and is open Tuesday through Sunday.
Things to Do
- The mud island's river walk is an informative and an exact model of the Mississippi River, the river flows from its confluence to the South into the gulf of Mexico.
- The River walk maps twenty cities, the model features flood ways, and the drainage areas of the river.
- The 1000-mile long river walk or Mississippi River model concludes at the Gulf of Mexico, where visitors can enjoy a pedal boat ride.
- The Swiss-made Mono Rail takes you to the mud Island River park, enjoy views of the Mississippi River on your way.
- Snacks and drinks are available at the park including popcorn, hamburgers, ice cream, hot dogs and drinks.
- Shop for merchandise and souvenirs at the gift shop. The souvenirs relate to the Mississippi River and its history.
Mud Island River Park Insider Tips
- Enjoy visiting the adjacent Mississippi River museum.