The Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville is one of the largest contemporary art museums in the southeastern United States. Owned by the University of North Florida, the museum presents a diverse collection of contemporary artwork from around the world. It also provides educational programs for children and adults that include hands-on workshops, tours, lectures, and films. If you're interested in art, it's a great Jacksonville attraction to visit.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum and view its fascinating artwork! You can learn more about the current exhibitions on display here.
- View the impressive works of art from the museum's permanent collection, including pieces by renowned artists like Alexander Calder, Jim Dine, Helen Frankenthaler, and Joan Mitchell.
- Stop by the ArtExplorium Loft, an interactive area of the museum where children and adults can participate in fun activities related to basic visual art principles.
- Attend Art Fusion, a monthly art event for families that includes hands-on activities.
Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville Insider Tips
- Save money on admission by visiting during Art Walk, a free event held on the first Wednesday evening of each month.
- Take advantage of the FIS/FNF Free Thursday Evenings event, which offers free admission as well as 45-minute tours of the museum galleries.
- Check out their calendar to learn about other free days, summer art camps, lectures, workshops, film screenings, and more.