The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego is one of the finest contemporary art museums in California. It has two locations in the San Diego area, both downtown and in La Jolla. If your family is interested in exploring a fascinating collection of paintings, sculptures, and other modern art pieces, either location is a great place to spend a few hours and see new things. Best of all, admission is free for all visitors under the age of 25!
Things to Do
- View all of the fascinating artwork! You can learn more about current exhibitions at each location on their website.
- Look for works by famous artists such as Andy Warhol, Robert Mangold, Ann Lislegaard, and Liliana Porter.
- Explore the beautiful Edward Sculpture Garden, which is located at the La Jolla location. This beautiful seaside sculpture garden features all kinds of fascinating artwork as well as amazing ocean views.
Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego Insider Tips
- Save money on adult admission by visiting on the third Thursday of the month from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m., when admission is free for everyone.
- Check out the museum's calendar to learn about upcoming events such as festivals, family art workshops, and summer camps.
- You can easily reach both locations using public transportation - you can take MTS bus routes 2, 83, 850, 860, 923, and 992 to the nearby Santa Fe Depot to reach the downtown location, or you can take MTS bus route 30 to get to the La Jolla location.