The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH), is more than just a single building. The MFAH site includes a number of buildings and outdoor spaces that contain an exquisite mix of pieces and attractions for an unforgettable cultural day out for the whole family and children of all ages.
In addition to the main building and the relaxing Cullen Sculpture Garden (a great place to spend time when the weather's nice!), the museum also includes the gorgeous Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens for a mix of natural and architectural beauty. Not to be missed!
Things to Do
- Enjoy the "Family Zone + Studio" on Sundays from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. for a family-friendly way to enjoy MFAH. The little ones can enjoy "Sunday Storytime" which brings the works together with storytelling.
- In the Family Zone you can let the little ones' creative juices flow as they take part in the "Creation Station".
- See the art! What would an art gallery be without art? The MFAH has literally thousands and thousands of pieces for you and your family to see and appreciate.
- Visit the gift shop for educational and cultural purchases. The MFAH gift shop has a great collection of educational games, puzzles, and toys for children of all ages.
Museum of Fine Arts Insider Tips
- Entry to the museum is completely free on a Thursday. If you're looking for cheap and cultural outing for all the family, Thursday is the day to do it!
- In addition to children under 12 being able to visit for free, every child that visits on a school trip is given a voucher for them and their family to visit the MFAH again for free.
- Anyone under 18 with a library card for any of Texas' public libraries is given free admission on Saturdays and Sundays.