San Jose Museum of quilts and textiles exhibits historic quilts and textiles as an art form, there are more than 850 textiles on display in the museum, the museum was founded in 1977. The museum displays textiles and quits created by local artists as well international artists. The museum vows to promote local artists of the 20th century, the museum displays signature pieces made by known local artists. Visit the museum today for a self-guided tour. The museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Things to Do
- The museum displays a beautiful and vast collection of quilts and textiles, mainly made by the artists of the local bay area.
- The museum not only displays quilts and textile art, it displays costumes and garments from around the world, and mid-twentieth century tapestry works.
- The museum not only displays work by local artists, there are textile art forms on display by Hispanic, Latino and Chinese artists.
- The current exhibition displays historic quilts by the quilt museum and gallery, York, England.
- For very interesting gifts for the art lovers, visit the museum store, it has hand-made jewelry, toys, hand-made crafts, books, and especially designed museum tote bags.
San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles Insider Tips
- Children ages 12 and under pay no admission.
- Free admission first Friday of each month.