The Museum of Science & History is one of the most popular attractions in Jacksonville, Florida. It features a variety of exhibits on topics related to science and history, including the human body, energy production, Florida wildlife, and space. The museum is also the home of the Bryan-Gooding Planetarium, which showcases captivating star shows and cosmic concerts within its giant dome. If you're fascinated by science or history, you won't want to miss this great family attraction.
Things to Do
- Learn about the human body by walking through a larger-than-life mouth and into the interactive The Body Within exhibit.
- Take your little one to KidSpace, a special play area for children 5 and under that is popular due to its awesome treehouse.
- Spend some time exploring the Space Science Gallery before enjoying a fascinating star show in the planetarium.
Museum of Science & History Insider Tips
- Check out their calendar to view their full schedule of daily programs, special events, and other family-friendly activities.
- If your child loves science, consider having their next birthday party at the museum! Their party packages offer a variety of themes and the chance to view a planetarium show.
- Don't miss the collection of live animals native to Florida that can be found in the Florida Naturalist's Center exhibit! Animals on display include owls, tortoises, and baby alligators.