The Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, Arizona is a popular local museum that features a collection of over 6,000 musical instruments. In addition to interacting with fascinating displays related to music, visitors learn all about new cultures and their musical traditions since the collections showcase items from nearly 200 countries.
The Musical Instrument Museum is the perfect attraction for music lovers of all ages to see and play instruments, as well as learn all about the cultural importance of music around the world. It is considered by many to be the top family attraction in Phoenix, so plan to stop for at least a few hours!
Things to Do
- Take your teens to the Artist Gallery to see exhibits related to their favorite artists from the past and present. Highlights include the Taylor Swift Exhibit, an area dedicated to Johnny Cash and the Carter Family, and instruments played by Elvis Presley and John Lennon.
- Play a variety of instruments in the Experience Gallery! Guests of all ages are welcome to make music using familiar instruments like guitars as well as new instruments from foreign cultures.
- Visit the Geographical Galleries to learn about different cultures and their music as you travel around the globe and see instruments like ukuleles and antique charter horns.
Musical Instrument Museum Insider Tips
- Attend a Family Weekend program - each themed event includes interactive activities for children of all ages, educational programs, and kid-friendly music.
- Grab a bite to eat at Café Allegro in the Musical Instrument Museum. Its menu is full of delicious options that are healthy, organic, vegetarian-friendly, and contain ingredients from local farms and ranches.
- Check out the MIMkids page on the museum's website to learn all about fun events for children of all ages, including Mini Music Makers, a program designed for children under 5 that will introduce your young ones to music-making with music from around the world.