Located in downtown Oklahoma City is the Myriad Botanical Gardens. These Gardens are a credit to the city itself and a fantastic resource enjoyed by many of its residents. It is home to a large scale conservatory and plenty of space across its 17 acres for you to enjoy a day in the sun with your family.
Things to Do
- The main draw of the Myriad Botanical Gardens is the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory. In terms of its architectural design this Conservatory is incredibly impressive. This building stretches for 224 feet and which is 70 feet in diameter and has 3,028 sections of translucent, double layered acrylic panels covering its outer body. These panels can be lit up at night to give the Conservatory a beautiful glow.
- Inside the building there are two principal areas, the Tropical Wet Zone at the south end and the Tropical Dry Zone at the North End. Between them the Conservatory holds over 2,000 plant varieties.
- Each winter (Nov -Feb) the Devon Ice Rink opens at the Myriad Botanical Gardens. Bring your kids for a fun afternoon on the ice or come along on Friday from 6 to 9 pm to enjoy the Rock N' Skate Night with a live DJ pumping out popular tunes.
- If you have a dog, the Gardens include a Dog Park! Just remember to pick up after your dog and to keep it on a leash once you vacate the Dog Park.
Myriad Botanical Gardens Insider Tips
- It is free for everyone to enter the Myriad Botanical Gardens.
- Visitors must pay to enter the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory, however it is free for children under the age of four.
- Admission to the Tropical Conservatory is free to all every Sunday in December.