Discover the world of ocean wonder at the Mystic Aquarium located in the shoreline town on Mystic, Connecticut. Learning and fun opportunities await you as you explore this incredible aquarium and research facility featuring thousands of species. There are many activities to enhance your visit in a more personal way including some hands on exhibits, feedings, live shows, interactive bird exhibit and special encounters.
Things to Do
- Visit both the indoor and outdoor exhibits and learn about the thousands of aquatic animals and other animals at the aquarium. Enjoy hands on experiences with the touch tanks available.
- Summer Camps, birthday parties, plan a scouting event, rent the facility for your event.
- Take part in various encounter experiences with either Beluga Whales or Penguins for an additional fee. You can even paint with the Beluga Whales!
- Attend the Sea lion show for an amusing and entertaining performance with the trainer and sea lions.
- Take in a show at the IMAX theater.
- Take in the interactive Birds of the Outback exhibit where birds may fly down to you. Great photo opportunities available in this exhibit. This exhibit requires an additional fee.
Mystic Aquarium Insider Tips
- Check your local Connecticut Libraries for museum passes to help you save on your trip
- Children ages 2 and under are free
- Tickets are good for three consecutive days so you may go back and take advantage of the opportunity. You simply need to check in with the staff as you exit and they will have you sign your ticket so they canb signature match it when you return.
- There is no food or drink allowed in the indoor exhibit portion of the aquarium.
- Check the schedule upon arrival and sea the sea lion show right away. It is 30 minutes long and included in your admission price. You wont want to miss it.
- As an added treat on a hot summer day at the aquarium, be sure to visit Del's Frozen Lemonade Cart outside of the entrance. It will be sure to add a sweet and cool ending to an exceptional day.