National firearms museum in Fairfax, Virginia is owned and operated by National Rifle association. The museum displays exhibits and galleries that shed light on the history of firearms in America. The museum's collections include shotguns, rifles, pistols, revolvers, machine guns and cannons. Museum features firearms that were used in Hollywood movies, including firearms used in The Dark Knight. The museum is open every day of the week and is free to public access.
Things to Do
- Visitors can see and explore a variety of firearms and nearly 700 years of history of firearms in America. Exhibits and galleries display over 3,000 firearms from a certain era.
- Museum offers self-guided tours for all the galleries with kiosks for additional information.
- Hollywood guns exhibit features 120 actual guns used in the movies and TV shows. Featured guns are a shotgun from "No country for old men", Beretta pistol used by Mel Gibson in "Lethal weapon", and the first revolver used by John Wayne.
- See ancient firearms in the Old guns in a new world gallery, firearms from the world war I, world war II, and the modern firearms.
- The gift shop stocks gifts, t shirts, sweat shirts, books and much more.
National Firearms museum Insider Tips
- Free WIFI is available.
- Restrooms are available.