Listed as one of the seven wonders of the world in many publications, the stunning Natural Bridge was formed when a cavern collapsed. This magnificent land structure has been designated a National Landmark in the Commonwealth of Virginia. A Historic hotel is available on the park grounds.
Step back in time 300 years and discover the Monacan Indian Natural Bridge, known to the tribe as "The Bridge of God" when they discovered it while slipping away from an enemy all those years ago. Located along the Cedar Creek Nature trail and just past the Natural Bridge, you will discover are constructed living history museum of the Monacan Indian Tribe.
Things to Do
- Visit the Natural Bridge Caverns.
- Learn about the history of Natural Bridge and those who came to explore there for various historically significant reasons.
- See the Drama of Creation Exhibit which takes place at dusk.
- Discover why the Natural Bridge was considered sacred to the Monacan Indian Tribe.
- Hike the Cedar Creek Nature Trail
- Relive life in a traditional Indian Village and learn about weaving, cooking, gardening, hide tanning, Making pottery, bowls and baskets and much much more.
- Bring a camera for spectacular views of The Natural Bridge.
Monacan Indian Village Insider Tips
- Interpreters are available to guide you on your tour from May through November and are included in the the price of your Natural Bridge ticket.
- Escape packages are available which include access to the living history museum, hiking accessibility at Natural Bridge a one night stay at the hotel at the park and a country breakfast.
- Be sure to visit the Natural Bridge Caverns for an additional admissions fee.