Natural Bridge State Park is a 2,300 acres huge park and nature preserve, located near Stanton Kentucky. The park was established in 1926, the park has a unique natural bridge or arch that was formed from sandstone, the arch was formed over millions of years due to process of stone weathering. The nature preserve and park hosts tons of recreational activities for the families, hiking trails, lake for fishing, campgrounds and lodging & dining facilities provide the visitors with most naturalist environment possible. The park is open seasonally for recreational activities, operating season lasts April through November.
Things to Do
- Whether you plan to spend a day at the park or enjoy the lodging facilities, you'd never be disappointed. You can rent cabins or lodge at Hemlock lodge, the lodge is open year round.
- Enjoy a day full of adventures with your children, hike on the the trails, you can get trail maps from the Hemlock lodge. Hiking trails take you up on top of the bridge and back.
- Spot birds as you hike through the trails, you can spot woodland warblers, woodpeckers, sparrows, gold finch, blue heron, wild turkeys, and others.
- Plan a fishing trip with the family, Mill creek lake is a beautiful and small lake where you can fish for bass, bluegill, crappie, sunfish, trout and catfish. Lake can be used for kayaking and canoeing.
- Open on weekends is a 18-hole miniature golf course, enjoy a game of golf with family and friends.
- Picnic shelters with grills can be found in the park. Playgrounds and restrooms are located through out the park.
- Buy souvenirs from the gift shop.
Natural Bridge State Park Insider Tips
- A ride on sky lift can take you to the top of the bridge.
- Pets are not allowed.