Nature's Art Village is a fascinating destination for the whole family to enjoy. The outdoor park boasts 1.5 miles of pristine hiking trails featuring 40 life sized dinosaurs and discovery boxes along the way as well as an erupting volcano. The Dinosaur Place is also home to the largest splash pad in New England and offers a custom built netscape, playground and dinosaur themed Maze to keep children occupied for hours.
Dining opportunities await you both outdoors and in while the ice cream shop is a perfect sweet ending to your day. Nature's Art presents patrons with an amazing shopping experience and family fun day rolled into one. The gift shop is expansive and features an array of educational and unique toys for all ages and giftable items such as bead and gemstones; definitely something for everyone on your list.
The Past Antique antique shop is the latest addition which will indulge collectors everywhere. There is a small museum of innovation and a small museum of artifacts and gems which will entertain the most curious minds.
Don't miss the hands on Discovery Center downstairs for an array of indoor activities such as mining for gemstones, panning for gold, gemstone identification, uncovering fossils, sand art, selecting geodes to split and more. These hands on Activities are incorporated in their Birthday Party packages as well for great learning and fun on your child's special day.
Things to Do
- Trails featuring 40 life sized dinosaurs, Dinosaur facts, and discovery boxes and a mock volcano which erupts at various intervals
- Endless fun at the Maze-a-Saurus, an outdoor maze with observation deck and slide
- Largest Splash Pad in New England
- Monty's Playground and giant netscape which encourages climbing and confidence building and boundless fun
- Discovery Depot which includes: Mining for gems in the discovery caves, Panning for Gold, Unearthing fossils in the Bone Zone, Sand art and Spin art, Geodes available for purchase and splitting
- Birthday Parties
- Incredible ice cream shop and Monty's Munchies for meals and snacks
- Small museum and incredible gift shop full of fine gifts, many treasures, and every educational toy imaginable.
- Antique Shop
- The total experience can be quite pricey. I recommend the choosing one or two indoor activities on an afternoon or making a day of it outside at the Splash Pad, Nature Trail, Playground, Picnic Area, Maze and a stop for scrumptious ice cream.
- While the food is reasonably priced, the lines can be long. We chose to pack our own cooler and enjoy a great picnic lunch.
- The park is immaculate, restrooms are spacious, bright and family friendly.
- The trails are great for strollers and are a cool and entertaining peaceful adventure that is family friendly and a great reprieve from the hot sun.
- Recommend water shoes for the Splash Pad
- Mining for gems is a family favorite activity. We opted for the basic package. The gems found are lovely precious treasures. This activity never disappoints.
- There is a new Antique building that was just recently added to the site. I poked my head in and thought better of bringing in all of the kids because items looked highly breakable!
- Gift shop has everything educationally fulfilling, unique and entertaining. There is something special and unique to be found for all ages and interests.
- Free and ample parking
- Note about Geodes: Sometimes the staff will offer to buy your geode back when a precious gem is found inside and offer you a new one. Identify your discovery and decide whether that is worth the deal. They have many on display for resale. This can help you on your decision.
- Check for coupon offerings on the website for 15% off outdoor admission and two activities indoors
- If the Splash Pad isn't for you, I'd visit in the Fall when they have a Fall rate. If weather is still very warm, do not reply purely on the website for the date that the Fall rates begin. Call ahead.
- This venue is not all inclusive and has many upcharges for activities. Choose wisely or be prepared to spend a small fortune.