The New England Air Museum will engage you with their high quality exhibits while learning about the history of aircraft, the people who made them, and the history that air travel holds. There are lots of fun activities for kids. Visitors of all ages will be inspired by the gorgeous variety of airplanes, military artifacts, and the history of air travel presented at this museum.
Things to Do
- Take a tour of the museum and learn more about the history of aeronautics. Experience a flight simulation.
- Pedal around the Hangar in airplane pedal cars
- Tour the airplane hangar and view all of the aircraft on display
- Participate in various age appropriate scavenger hunts as you tour the museum.
- Visit the Kidsport which is a kid sized version of an actual airport and is geared for children ages 5-8 years old. There are lots of interactive computer games and buttons to push and simulations.
- Visit the Wings and Things store on your way our for fun gifts of all kinds. I like gift shops like this one to get ideas for future gifts that my children or other children might enjoy. This gift shop has tons of fun options.
- Birthday Parties and Events available
New England Air Museum Insider Tips
- Be sure to dress for the weather. Even indoors in the airplane hangar it is possible to still neat a jacket as it can get chilly in there.
- Don't forget to check your local CT museum to see if they have a museum pass available for this destination.
- Occasionally the museum offers "Open Cockpit" days. Be sure to check the website for more information on when they are being offered.
- There are a few Hartford businesses that offer the perk of BOGO ticket offers. A couple of these include but are not limited to The Hartford, ING, Cigna, Northeast Utilities. If you work for United Technologies you may receive a $1 discount off of your tickets. Be sure to check with the museum or your employer for more information.