There is plenty to see and do at Kentucky's Newport Aquarium. A whole range of incredible sea creatures await to be seen and learned about through the Aquariums many exhibits, shows and educational activities.
Things to Do
- The Aquarium's most recently added exhibit is the Turtle Canyon which is home to fourteen species of turtles. If turtles are a bit tame for you then you can take a trip to Gator Alley or hang out at Shark Central where you can touch the resident predators.
- Another great place to see these amazing creatures is at the Surrounded By Sharks exhibit where you can walk through underwater tunnels and see the incredible variety of shark species which the Aquarium houses.
- All kinds of shows take place at different times throughout the week. Take a look on the Aquarium's website to see when you can catch the African Penguin Parade and the Turtle Touch animal encounter. There are dive shows and feeing times you can watch at the shark exhibits.
- You can see the shark rays being trained and fed and head to the Tide Pool to touch a whole load of different underwater species. You can check on the Aquarium's website for the dates and times of different shows and events.
Newport Aquarium Insider Tips
- Obviously the times when you can expect the most crowds at the Newport Aquarium are during the holidays and at the weekends. If you can try and time your visit for a weekday or even think of heading outside of the summer season.