The Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory is a popular attraction within the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens, a nearly 100-acre nature site that amazes and delights visitors of all age. The Butterfly Conservatory is home to over 2,000 tropical butterflies within a beautiful habitat that includes a pond, a waterfall, and numerous plants and flowers. Visits include an informative video presentation, plenty of time to wander the paths and view the butterflies, and the chance to see butterflies take their first flight.
Things to Do
- Walk along the paths through the conservatory and view the gorgeous butterflies - if you're lucky, they might even land on you!
- Visit the captivating Emergence area, where you can see butterflies emerge from their pupae after their transformation from caterpillars and watch them take their very first flight.
- When you're finished viewing the butterflies, explore the rest of the Botanical Gardens! There's plenty to see and do in the gardens, plus admission is free.
Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory Insider Tips
- If you plan to visit other Niagara Parks attractions, consider purchasing one of their Adventure Passes, which allow you to save money on admission to the Butterfly Conservatory, Niagara Cruises, and other area attractions.
- Make your visit to the Botanical Gardens even more special in the summertime with a horse-drawn carriage ride through the gardens or through a park with views of Niagara Falls.
- Check out the Niagara Parks Events Calendar to learn about upcoming nature events at the Botanical Gardens, including guided tours, flower displays, and nature shows.