Aside from the shops the seven acre Nickelodeon Universe amusement park is one of the principal draws to the Mall of America. Here young kids will have the ultimate treat getting to meet many characters from their favorite television shows.
Things to Do
- There is a great selection of rides to hold your children's attention. The Dutchman's Deck Adventure Course offers kids the ultimate obstacle course complete with the tallest sky rail ropes course in the world 56 feet in the air and the longest indoor zip line in North America.
- The Fairly Odd Coaster is a thrilling ride full of sharp, speedy turns and diving descents all inspired by the Fairly Odd Parents cartoon.
- Fans of Jimmy Neutron shouldn't miss his Atomic Collider while El Circulo Del Cielo will delight lovers of Dora the Explorer.
- There are regular appearances of characters from Nickelodeon's most popular programs around the park. This is your child's chance to meet Dora and Diego, Spongebob and Patrick and many more besides. Info on where and when the characters will appear can be found on their website.
Nickelodeon Universe Insider Tips
- The amusement park offers a number of discounts to visitors. For example on Toddlers Tuesdays you can get unlimited rides for your child at a discount price. There is $10 off the Unlimited Ride Wristband for all current serving military personnel and a lower price for unlimited wristbands bought after 5 p.m daily.
- The Park is located centrally in the Mall of America and is usefully located near plenty of dining options.
- Parking is free at the Mall Of America. Be sure you get there early though so that you are not circling the lots searching for a space. There are also light rail transit connections from the Mall to downtown Minneapolis and to MSP International Airport. If you are staying in a nearby hotel ask if they run a complimentary shuttle service to the Mall.