The Night Heron Park houses the Heron Park Nature Center. Get all the information that you need from the Nature Center. You can check the schedule of tours and make reservations for the different activities that you can do while in Kiawah Island. There are a lot of options to choose from such as bird watching, butterfly spotting, and alligator walks. The park also offers amenities such as a soccer field, swimming pools, volleyball courts, and a playground.
Things to Do
- Bring the entire family to the Heron Park Nature Center to get a glimpse of the wildlife in Kiawah. There is a little reptile zoo inside the Nature Center where the kids can see snakes, baby alligators, and turtles.
- Kids will sure enjoy the Night Heron Children's Pool with its two slides and various interactive features. The pool is also heated during fall season to give the kids the warmth of summer. Lifeguards are on duty to watch over the kids.
- Adults can explore the Fitness Trail with 20 workout stations or ride a bike and explore the various trails in the park.
- Night Heron Park organizes plenty of programs for the whole family. Check the Kiawah Resort website for details of upcoming activities such as tie-dye night, festival night, and kids' fair.
- Drop by The Island Outpost, a gift shop inside the park. You can get souvenirs, maps, and outdoor clothing from the shop. Also drop by The Night Heron Grill where the family can grab snacks and drinks.
Night Heron Park Insider Tips
- Only guests from Kiawah Resort and guests with club membership have access to the pool.
- Entrance to the Night Heron Park is free. Fee is charged on a per activity basis.