North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame is located in Downtown Raleigh above the North Carolina Museum of history, where you can see personal items and biographies of legendary and eminent sports personalities of North Carolina. Sports personalities and athletes from a variety of sports have made it to the Hall of fame including, baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer, football, golf, swimming, motorsports and more. Nominations are held each year to induct sports personalities. All tours to the museum are self-guided, you can tour the museum for free.
Things to Do
- See personal belongings and biographies of many of your favorite sporting figures, the museum displays more than 200 items.
- You can see basketball uniforms, running shoes, jerseys, warm-up jackets and more.
- Nominees are entered each year and the inductees are decided by the Hall of fame, memorabilia on display is donated by the inductees.
- See some of the exciting sporting moments on the multimedia, there are videos, kiosks with information about the inductees and sports trivia quizzes.
- Nine new members were inducted in the Hall of fame in 2016, including Eric Floyd, David Fox, James Fulghum, Freddy Johnson and more.
- Read all about North Carolina's sporting history in the book, "Nothing finer, North Carolina's sports history and the people who made it.
North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame Insider Tips
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.