From Memorial Day weekend through to Labor Day you can head along to the North Park Boat House to rent a kayak to take out on the park's superb lake. You can also head to the Over the Bar Bicycle Café for a relaxing lunch on their lovely outdoor patio overlooking the lake. However you enjoy it the Boathouse is a charming old building which is best enjoyed in the summer sun.
Things to Do
- People who are interested in getting out onto the lake can choose between a variety of crafts to do it on. You can choose between a solo or tandem kayak, rowboat, canoe or pedal boat. Take your time as you head out to enjoy the sights and the calmness of the water. This is a great activity for just about any age.
- Once you are done with your activities for the day you can relax at the Over the Bar Café in the Boathouse. The main draw here is undoubtedly the view from the outdoor patio, although with plenty of great craft beers on tap it should be popular with beer drinkers too.
North Park Boat House Insider Tips
- Over The Bar have plenty of great breakfast and lunch options on offer including a few vegetarian and kid's choices. Check out their breakfast menu here and their lunch dishes here. You can see what draught beers they currently have on tap here.
- Keep up with the cafe's events and special offers on their facebook and their twitter.
- Be warned that the toilets which are run by the Café and the park together have a pretty poor reputation for hygiene.