Northacres Park provides something for all ages. While children get a kick out of the playground and summer spray park more elderly patrons will like walking the forest trails or letting their dog have a run around in the off leash area. The park's picnic shelters provide the perfect area for all generations of family and friends to come together.
Things to Do
- Young kids are sure to love a visit to the Northacres Park play area. Here they will have the chance to play on the park's playground which has different areas suited to differently aged children.
- During the summer months they can get wet and splash around in the park's wading pool and spray area. This whole play area was renovated in 2012 so all the equipment is in good shape. Perfect for your kiddos to expend all their energy on!
- Adults should enjoy what is on offer here too. The park is home to a large forested area with a great number of trails where people can go for walks and see a bit of nature. The picnic area makes a good lunch spot and you can always start a game at the baseball diamond or the soccer field if someone hasn't already beaten you to it!
- Dog lovers will be very pleased to know there is an off leash area in the park. This is a fun place for dogs to run around and get some exercise while meeting other dogs too. Bring your little friend, they'll surely enjoy it!
Northacres Park Insider Tips
- Parking can be an issue at Northacres Park. On busy summer's days the lot tends to fill up quickly and people end up having to park all along the surrounding streets. Either get there earlier in the day or try to work out an alternative to driving if you can.