Located within the 525 acre area of Knowland Park Oakland Zoo is home to hundreds of animals. Come along to see animals native to Africa, Australia, the Rain Forest and more.
Things to Do
- If your child is above the age of four you can take them along for an overnight at the Zoo. Bring along a tent and set up camp. Then be treated to a nighttime tour of the Zoo that includes plenty of fun educational activities and games.
- Oakland Zoo organize Parent's nights off and day's off on various dates throughout the year. Basically for a few hours either in the afternoon or the evening the Zoo's staff will take your kids off your hands so you can have some time to yourself.
- Once you drop off your children they will be given a guided tour of the entire zoo and will even get to have an animal encounter. After this they will play some games or be treated to a movie on the big screen. Best of all while all this is going on you can enjoy some hard earned time off!
Oakland Zoo Insider Tips
- Use the virtual zoo map to become acquainted with the Zoo's layout. You can also print off a regular version to bring with you to help you get around.
- The only pets allowed in the zoo or parking area are guide dogs. The entire park is wheelchair and stroller accessible though their website does point out that there are some hills which certain visitor.