Visit the Oklahoma Aquarium and spend the day learning about conservation of marine life. The aquarium is divided into different sections focused on different species such as invertebrates, local Oklahoma species, and sharks.
Things to Do
- Explore the different exhibits. Start with the Amazing Invertebrates, which houses sponges, starfishes, and sea urchins. Continue on to the Extreme Fishes area which highlights fishes with highly developed characteristics that increase their chances of survival. There is also a separate exhibit for strange but beautiful underwater creatures, such as piranhas and eels, at the Marvels and Mysteries area.
- Get to know more about the local marine life in Oklahoma at the Aquatic Oklahoma and the Hayes Family Ozark Stream exhibits. See an alligator snapping turtle, paddlefish, and alligator gar. The Ozark Stream exhibit features a northeastern Oklahoma stream complete with river otters, sunfish, and smallmouth bass.
- One of the highlights is the Ray and Robin Siegfried Families Shark Adventure. The aquarium is home to the largest bull sharks in captivity and you will see them swimming around the dome and the walk-through tunnel.
- To make your visit even more special, watch how the animals are fed and you can even get the chance to feed some fish and turtles. Check the feeding schedule to know more details.
- The aquarium also serves as an events place for film screenings and interactive plays for kids. They also offer an overnight tour at the shark tunnel. Check their events page for the schedule.
Oklahoma Aquarium Insider Tips
- Visit coupon sites and check for admission discounts.