Old Falls Village is a park and living history museum in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, which is located approximately 20 miles away from Milwaukee. Visitors can explore historic buildings such as a log cabin, a schoolhouse, a barn, a dairy, and a railroad depot and learn what life was like in the mid 1800s and early 1900s. In addition to offering tours, Old Falls Village frequently hosts special events such as their annual Old Falls Village Days, family fun nights, and Civil War reenactments.
Things to Do
- Go on a guided tour of Old Falls Village and explore the schoolhouse and the dairy.
- Visit the 1858 Miller-Davidson House, a historic building that is considered to be the centerpiece of the village, and view the fascinating artifacts and antiques displayed inside of it.
- Check out the barn, an original building, which features an interesting exhibit of farm equipment and household items from the late 19th century.
Old Falls Village Insider Tips
- Tours of Old Falls Village are available by appointment between May and September.
- Make sure to check their events page to learn about exciting programs such as artist rides and Civil War reenactments.
- Don't miss Old Falls Village Days, which include tours, history-related activities, a car show, a quilt show, a flea market, and a parade of antique motorcycles.
- If you and your child love history, consider volunteering at Old Falls Village with the Menomonee Falls Historical Society! You can learn more about volunteer opportunities here.