Old Orchard Beach is a popular tourist town located just south of Portland, Maine. It is best known for its 7-mile long sandy beach, which is the perfect place to spend a relaxing day in the summer sun. One of the most popular areas of the town is its wooden pier, which extends almost 500 feet into the ocean and is home to shops, restaurants, and all kinds of fun attractions. The town also offers numerous outdoor activities, including fishing and whale watching tours, and is home to a beachfront amusement park and a miniature golf attraction.
Things to Do
- Spend the day on the sandy beach soaking up the sun and building sandcastles.
- Visit Palace Playland, a seasonal beachfront amusement park with over 25 rides and attractions and one of the largest arcades in New England!
- Play a round or two of miniature golf at Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, which features two 18-hole courses that are challenging for both children and adults.
- Explore the wooden pier, where you can shop, play games, go fishing, and enjoy delicious food.
Old Orchard Beach Insider Tips
- If you need even more ideas of things to do in Old Orchard Beach, check out this handy list of activities, restaurants, and tours.
- Bring along a camera in order to take photographs of the Atlantic Ocean, local wildlife, and the town's gorgeous lighthouses.
- Get some exercise by renting a kayak or a canoe to take out on the water on a nice day.