Located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, the Old Salem Museums & Gardens Visitor Center is conveniently found in Old Salem Road, near Central Park. The Old Salem Museums & Gardens comprise of 12 gardens, and various historic buildings, which can be included in an all-in-one ticket purchase.
Things to Do
- See the historic town of Salem (entry to certain historic buildings is included with your entry)
- Tour the Gardens of Salem (there are 12 included in the ticket you paid for)
- Take a guided tour of the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA)
- Attend one of the events or learn more from the workshops (specifically historic & garden workshops) that the museum is offering
- Walk with the family around the Strollway, a 1.2 mile pedestrian-only path that passes parallel to some of the historic buildings and green spaces in town.
Old Salem Museums & Gardens Insider Tips
- If you live in the area, you can rent out a space for your venue (be it a party or a conference) in one of the historic buildings that the museum curates
- If you want to learn more about the history of the town, drop by the library and research center.
- Note that some of the buildings in the museum's guides are privately owned, those that are open to the public are included in the brochures.
- The tickets are cheaper if you buy them online by as much as $3 compared to buying them in person. You'll also get to enjoy an express check in during special event days. Note however that the tickets are not sold online for Sunday events so plan carefully!