Old Silver Beach is a public recreation area in the town of Falmouth, Massachusetts, which is located approximately 65 miles south of Boston. It consists of two sections of beach, one for residents and the other for non-resident visitors, which provide breathtaking views of Buzzards Bay as well as warm waters that are popular for swimming and other water activities.
Things to Do
- Cool off in the summertime by swimming in the lovely calm water.
- Go for a walk along the boardwalk and check out all of the great food stands.
- Encourage your child to explore the beach and collect some beautiful seashells.
- Consider visiting other beaches in Falmouth, such as Surf Drive Beach and Mill Road Beach, which are just a short drive away.
Old Silver Beach Insider Tips
- Make sure to keep an eye on your child while swimming and be aware of the tides, as the currents can be strong at high tide. Lifeguards are also provided to help maintain beach safety.
- Bring along a pair of water shoes or other footwear to protect your feet from seashells and rocks on parts of the beach.
- Arrive early if you want to beat the crowds! On nice days, the parking area often fills up before 10:00 in the morning, so you'll want to show up early or ride a bike to the beach instead.
- Be aware that you will be required to pay a $20 beach fee.