Old Town Spring is a historic area of Spring, Texas, a small settlement located just 30 minutes north of Houston by car. This beautiful old town is known for its original buildings that house a wide variety of shops and restaurants.
Enjoy a family trip into the past with a visit to Old Town Spring. You can tour the old buildings, go shopping for everything from clothes to art and pet toys, and enjoy delicious food in a unique historical setting.
Things to Do
- Take a tour of the town - head to the Spring Visitors Bureau to get your welcome packet complete with a map and a coupon book!
- If your kids love cars, visit during the annual Long Horn Rod Run, when over 500 custom muscle cars are displayed in the center of town in order to compete for awards. It features vehicles that date back to the early 1900s!
- Go shopping - Old Town Spring's small specialty shops sell items such as antiques, artwork, clothing, jewelry, homemade crafts, toys, furniture, and gifts.
Old Town Spring Insider Tips
- Try to visit Old Town Spring during one of their many annual festivals! Popular events include Springfest in March which focuses on wine and art, and Pet Fest, which showcases typical pets like dogs and cats as well as horses and ferrets! Learn more about festivals on the Events page of their website.
- Interested in learning more about the history of Old Town Spring? You can get a free guided tour of the Spring Historical Museum if you ask at the Spring Visitors Bureau.
- Stop into one of the many great restaurants to grab a bite to eat - it's hard not to be tempted by names like Funnel Cake Express and Jailhouse Saloon!