While technically not part of Orlando, Kissimmee has its own theme parks and attractions, such as Old Town USA. Located just off I-4, minutes from Disney, several hotels, and Fun Spot America, this old school theme park has its own fair share of attractions and is definitely worth a visit.
Things to Do
- Drive - Whether you decide to do take the bumper car route or the go kart, they have something for everybody.
- Watch a Car Parade - every Friday night, you can see muscle cars parading through the old town, and on Saturdays, features classic cars. These appeal mostly to the parents, as they seem to touch on nostalgia, but kids will love it as well. After all, they don't get to see these types of cars on a daily basis.
- Adrenalin Rides - a rollercoaster and a ride that takes you to great heights then suddenly drops you down. Exciting, but fun at the same time.
- Tour the Haunted House - Not all haunted house are available after Halloween, but in this park, its open 24/7!
- Eat, Drink & Shop - There are plenty of establishments inside the park where you can just enjoy time with the family.
Old Town USA Insider Tips
- This amusement park closes late in the evening so if you & your kids still have the energy after dinner and have a few hours to spare, then 7pm onwards is the best time to go.
- This theme park is also one of the few places around that's open for Christmas & Thanksgiving.
- You can't buy your tickets for the park online, you need to go physically to the box office to get your entrance tickets.
- Take note that parking may be difficult, but a newly opened overflow parking may be a solution (additional charges may apply)