Historic Old Town, San Diego, is the perfect place to find a mixture of history, local culture, authentic food, and unique shops. Considered the "birthplace of California" and known for its State Historic Park, Old Town is a vital part of San Diego's ancestry.
Take a step back in time to the roots of modern-day San Diego, get to know some of its famous past residents, and explore the diverse markets Old Town has to offer. It's a family-friendly fiesta!
Things to Do
- Visit the free museums at Old Town San Diego State Historic Park (10am-5pm)
- Get there early: Old Town Saturday Artisans Market 9am-4pm on Harney St.
- Don't miss: Bazaar Del Mundo, or "Marketplace of the World" (4133 Taylor Street, San Diego)
- Fiesta Cindo de Mayo: May 1-3, 2015 in Historic Old Town
Old Town Insider Tips
- Take an Old Town Trolley Tour for a fun, informative, & efficient way to explore San Diego
- Afraid of ghosts? Avoid the Whaley House Museum, reported to be one of the most haunted houses in America
- Pick up some delicious souvenirs at Cousin's Old Town Candy Shop