Immerse in the spirit of Old Tucson where old west comes alive, old Tucson studios is a great place for families to visit in Arizona. The place is full of amusements such as live stunt shows, saloon musicals, historic tours, good food & shopping, games and rides for the kids. The studios was a filming location for 300 movies, popular movies like Three Amigos and Tombstone were shot in the film studios. The old Tucson studios operates tours from March through December, mostly on weekends in November and December.
Things to Do
- Children can have lots of fun at the old studios that shares the old west experiences with the visitors, there are gun fights, live stunt shows, musicals and other reenactments.
- Learn about the Old Tucson movie history by visiting the museum where you can visit the sites of film shoots and see original costumes worn by some of the legendary characters.
- Children can learn a lot in the live history presentations, see sheriffs of the old west, The American cowboy, and life of a miner.
- Kids love riding the antique cars and riding the train, competing with friends and family in the shooting gallery, and a visit to an old mine.
- Take a tour in the old west stage couch, and horse back riding on the trails, children can pan for gold and take home souvenirs, and not to forget the wild west carousel.
- Places to eat are Pony express pizza, Big Jake's BBQ, and yummy ice creams at La Plaza.
- Shop for cowboy hats and western clothing from the corner store, and souvenirs at McLintock store.
Old Tucson Studios Insider Tips
- The ticket includes tours, shows and rides.