Old Tucson is a place for great family fun and entertainment, located just west of Tucson, Arizona, this movie studio and theme park offers lots of amenities and fun for the whole family. Old Tucson offers historic tours, live stunt shows, musicals, trail rides, and games and rides for the kids. Step back in time in the old wild West and experience true western family fun. Many special events and festivals are held at Old Tucson, including heritage and harvest festival, steam punk festival, wild west days, Cowboy festival, and a month long Halloween event, night fall.
Things to Do
- Families should visit the old Tucson story museum to learn about the history of movie making in the celebrated movie studio, explore the streets and see the costumes worn by movie stars.
- Enjoy stunt shows, as well as comedy and music shows, kids will enjoy riding the old western rides, junior cowboys and cowgirls love riding the miniature antique cars.
- Children and adults can board the C.P Huntington train, enjoy a narrated journey through the desert landscape. There are many hidden surprises in your train journey. Enjoy horseback riding with the cowboys.
- Older kids would enjoy shooting at the Dead-eye Dan's shooting gallery. Target and shoot with wax bullets.
- Ride the historic carousal, explore the iron door mine, enjoy a trail ride with the wranglers and see majestic views of the desert.
- Exclusive cuisines are available to tantalize taste buds, enjoy delicious and hot pizza at Pony express pizza and more, enjoy cowboy inspired BBQ at Big Jake's BBQ, treat your self with ice creams at the ice cream shop.
- Buy candies and more from Phoebe's sweet shoppe, buy western inspired clothing from the corner store, and unique items and gifts from Olsen's, and the last Outpost.
Old Tucson Insider Tips
- Old Tucson is open daily January through May, check the official website for schedule in November and December.