A fun and free family outing can be had at the Opryland Hotel Indoor Gardens. Now a hotel is not usually the first place that springs to mind when trying to think of ways to kill time with the kids and for good reason. Still thanks to its 9 acres of gardens packed with shops, activities and water shows Nashville's Opryland Hotel is pretty unique. There is lots here for both parents and kids to enjoy. Aside from all the fun there are plenty of food options on offer which will perfectly fill a hole once you work up an appetite.
Things to Do
- The area is divided into three separate sections, the Cascades, the Delta and the Garden Conservatory. Those with an interest in horticulture will love looking through the various plants and flowers all kept at a comfortable 68 degrees 365 days of the year.
- In total there are over 50,000 plants. A great way to see many of them is to take the Delta Riverboat Tour. This tour runs along the Gardens's very own quarter mile river and gives you a great insight into the history of the Opryland.
- There is much more than to enjoy in this opulent fantasy-land. Delta Island is the place to go if you are looking to do some shopping. Full of little boutiques and nice restaurants it is the perfect place for retail therapy if you can keep the kids distracted!
- The Cascades Atrium is another special place for a slow stroll. It has an impressive glass ceiling while its many fountains are a joy for kids and adults alike.
Opryland Hotel Indoor Gardens Insider Tips
- Be aware that parking at the hotel is not cheap at $21 for the daily rate. So if you can avoid taking the car, or if you know a cheaper lot nearby opt for that.